Friday, April 21, 2017

Let's Get Back to Business

Let me start with this: it sure has been a while since I posted anything on here, hasn't it?  It's been just about five and a half years, to be precise.  In that time, I missed covering Charlie Manuel's last season as manager, the end of the Andy Reid era, ALL of Chip Kelly's time with the Eagles, the Flyers being the Flyers and the majority of "The Process," and that's just the majority of the rough patches.  Do I wish that I had written something about the end of Jimmy, Chase and Ryan's time with the Phillies?  Of course, but now I'm back to start writing about the next chapter in Phillies history.  The same thing goes with Carson Wentz, the soon to be impressive youth movement of the Flyers and the Sixers taking that next step in the 2017-18 season.

Of course, I would have continued to write on here if I felt like I could, but for a long, long while the fire for writing about anything was burned out inside me.  Without getting too personal here, that's pretty much how I felt about a lot of things.  I would just go through the motions, and I didn't have a lot of time for anything that I needed to put extra effort into.  That included writing on here.  I opened another blog and yes, I'm going to bring that back as well, but for now, the time is right for me to start posting on here again.  I'm ready, willing and able to get back into this and make sure that I bring you the same quality that I brought to you before.

With that being said, it feels good to be back, as brief as this post is going to be.  It's nice to get my feet wet again, and I'll be posting a Phillies recap after their game tonight.  Those are going to be a nightly event, and with the NFL Draft coming up next week, I'll have plenty of coverage on that as well.  I'll say this much right now: it feels good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment