Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wishing all the Best to Samuel Dalembert and his Family

Those of you who follow this blog know that I like to ride on Samuel Dalmbert a little bit. He's been a punching bag for just about his entire time in Philadelphia, but now isn't the time for anything like that. What you might not know is that Samuel Dalmbert was born, and has family in Port-Au-Prince, the capital of Haiti. I'm sure all of you have seen the devastation that's befallen Port-Au-Prince following the horrible 7.0 magnitude earthquake that hit there yesterday. Dalembert has said that he's been able to get in contact with his father and some of his siblings, but he's still waiting to hear from many of them.

I usually don't use this space to get preachy, but I feel like I need to this time. Estimates so far place the death toll at anywhere from 100,000 to 500,000, and for an island that is the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere, there is no good news right now. Most of the major hospitals and hotels were destroyed during the earthquake, and the Red Cross in Haiti has already run out of supplies, leaving the nation completely crippled right now. I'm not asking you to donate anything to the Red Cross or any other organization, but I would at least like you to consider it. I'm going to be posting links to the Red Cross and Samuel Dalembert's foundation at the bottom of this article, and I'm just hoping that you would take a look to see if you can help. I know times are tough right now, but considering what just happened in Haiti, they could be a lot worse.

This is a helpless situation for Dalembert and the people of Hati. My thoughts and prayers are with the entire country and I hope that whatever aid gets sent there can help them rebuild from this horrible event.

http://www.redcross.org/

http://www.dalembertfoundation.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment