Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sad News: Jim Johnson has Passed Away

You could tell it was coming when the Eagles announced that Sean McDermott would be the full time defensive coordinator, but you didn't want to think about it. I just didn't think it would come this quickly. Jim Johnson has lost his battle with cancer, passing away this afternoon at the age of 68.

For the last ten years, Johnson ran one of the best defenses in the NFL. I always said he looked like a crazy old man, and I was glad he was on our side. I'm not going to like not seeing him on the sidelines. Hopefully, the Eagles can pull together and win this year for one of the best coordinators the NFL had ever seen.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family. Rest In Peace, Coach Johnson.

No comments:

Post a Comment