Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Jim Johnson taking leave of absence from Eagles

While I'm spending most of my time on this blog talking about the Phillies, with good reason, as they're the only team in season right now, when big news comes up for one of the other Big Three Philadelphia teams, I'll pick it up.

That's the case with the Philadelphia Eagles and defensive coordinator Jim Johnson, who's taking a leave of absence to undergo a second round of chemotherapy for his fight with cancer, according to ESPN. Secondary coach Sean McDermott will be the interim defensive coordinator until Johnson can return.

While I love what Jim Johnson has done for the Eagles in the past decade, none of that matters until he can beat this cancer. I'd rather see him healthy and not coaching than confined to a wheelchair, or worse. Johnson's a tough guy, and if anyone can beat this, he can.

My thoughts and prayers are with you Jim. Blitz the hell out of this cancer, then get back to the Eagles when you're healthy so you can have your boys ready to kick ass again!

No comments:

Post a Comment